› 1 onion
› 20 ml of vegetable oil
› 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
› 2 small chunks of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
› ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
› 600 g of sweet potato, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
› 1 tablespoon of mild or medium curry paste
› 300 ml of passata
› 300 ml of low-salt vegetable stock
› 200 g of spinach leaves, washed
› 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
› Fresh coriander to garnish
› Black pepper
1. Peel and chop the onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
3. Add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper and fry gently
for 10 minutes, taking care. to not let the onion or garlic go brown.
4. Add the curry paste and stir well.
5. Add in the chopped sweet potato and mix well.
6. Add the passata and the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for
20 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
7. Add the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
8. Mix a few spoonful’s of the stew juices with the peanut butter to
soften it and then mix it all back into the stew.
9. Season with black pepper and garnish with chopped coriander.
10. Serve on its own or with boiled rice.
6 adults 6