› ½ head of broccoli, broken into small florets
› 1 pepper, sliced
› 1 carrot, cut into little sticks
› 1 onion, finely chopped
› 2 dessertspoons of peanuts or cashew nuts
› 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
› 1 tablespoon of honey
› Juice ½ a lime
› 250 g basmati rice
› 1 egg, whisked
› 10 ml of vegetable oil
› Finely chopped spring onion to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
3. Place the vegetables, apart from the onion on a baking tray and roast
until tender for about 20 mins.
4. Fry the onion gently without browning it in a wok or large pan.
Set aside ½ of it for later.
5. Add the roasted vegetables to the onion.
6. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and honey in a cup and add to the
wok and coat the vegetables.
7. Sprinkle with peanuts.
8. In a separate pan combine the cooked rice, the remaining onion and
the whisked egg with the soy sauce.
9. Stir until well combined and the egg has cooked.
10. Serve the egg fried rice alongside the vegetables.
11. Garnish with the spring onion.