› 20 ml of vegetable oil, such as olive oil or rapeseed oil
› 1 red onion, cut into wedges
› 1 red pepper, sliced
› 1 yellow pepper, sliced
› 1 courgette, sliced
› 3 cloves of garlic (leave them unpeeled)
› Dash of balsamic vinegar
› 400 g tin of tomatoes
› Pepper and salt
› 1 teaspoon of sugar
› 200 g pasta
› Grated parmesan to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3.
2. Place all the sliced vegetables into a large bowl.
3. Pour over the oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and the salt, pepper
4. Mix the vegetables to coat in the oil and vinegar.
5. Spread the vegetables onto 2 baking trays and roast in the oven, stirring
occasionally, for 45 minutes, or until soft and turning golden. Add the
tomatoes to the baking trays for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
6. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12–15 minutes until it is soft.
Drain and add to the vegetable mix.
7. Stir and cook gently for 2–3 minutes.