› 1 medium-sized
› 6 medium parsnips
› 6 medium carrots
› 20 ml of olive oil
› 4 large potatoes
› Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Remove the chicken from its wrapping and dispose of the wrapping
3. Place the chicken directly onto a baking tray with its breast-side up.
4. Place the roasting tin on an oven rack in the middle part of the oven.
5. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes per 500 g and an extra 20 minutes
at the end. Check the juices run clear when a sharp knife is inserted
into the joint between the body and the thigh.
6. Remove chicken from oven, cover loosely with foil
and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Vegetables and potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Wash, and peel the parsnips. Cut into sticks, each about 2 inches
long and ¼ inch thick.
3. Wash, and peel the carrots. Cut into sticks, each about 2 inches long
and ¼ inch thick.
4. Peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
5. Parboil the vegetables and potatoes for 3 minutes.
6. Drain the vegetables and potatoes, spread on a baking tray and drizzle
with a small amount of olive oil.
7. Roast the vegetables and potatoes in the preheated oven for about
20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6 adults 6
1 hour 30 minutes