› 480 g of diced lean pork
› 2 red peppers
For the marinade:
› 20 ml of olive oil
› 1 red chilli, trimmed
› 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
› 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar or juice of 1 lemon
› 1 level teaspoon of paprika
› 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
› Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the balsamic vinegar/lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
2. De-seed the chilli and slice it very thinly. Toss the chilli into the bowl
3. Add in the crushed garlic and the paprika.
4. Stir the parsley into the marinade and season with some black pepper.
5. Cut the pork into 6–8 chunks and add to the marinade, making sure
that it is well coated.
6. Cover with cling film and leave for at least 1 hour, or overnight in
7. Chop the red peppers in half, de-seed and cut them into chunks.
Then thread a piece of pepper onto the skewer, followed by some
marinated pork, and then continue until you have filled the skewer
with meat and peppers.
8. Repeat the process for the other 3 skewers.
9. Place the kebabs on the hot barbeque and cook for approximately
20 minutes until they are cooked through, making sure that you
turn them frequently and brush with the marinade occasionally.
You could also use
beef instead of pork.
1 hour 30 minutes