› 40 ml of vegetable oil
› 2 x 400 g tins of kidney beans drained and rinsed (you could also use a mix of black beans and kidney beans)
› 1 dessertspoon of paprika
› 2 dessertspoons of smoked paprika
› 50 ml of water
› 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
› 1 teaspoon of salt
› 2 teaspoon of sugar
› ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder (add more if you prefer)
› 200 g of cooked and cooled rice (leftovers are perfect)
› 4 soft wraps
› 340 g tin of sweetcorn
› Sliced red peppers
› Grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
› Sour cream or natural yoghurt
1. In a large pan or saucepan, add the oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt,
sugar, chilli powder and water.
2. Stir together until smooth.
3. Add the rice and coat well with the wet spicy mixture, taking care not
to over mix or the rice will go mushy.
4. Add the kidney beans and stir gently to coat the beans in the
rice and spice mix.
5. Now turn on the heat and heat gently until the mixture is warm.
Take care not to over mix, but keep the mixture moving to prevent it
from sticking. Add more water if the mixture is too dry.
6. While the beans and rice are warming up, prepare the wraps by warming
in the oven, microwave or pan as directed on the pack.
7. Serve the bean and rice mixture on the wrap, top with cheese, and sour
cream or natural yoghurt. To add a bit of crunch, service with some
sliced red peppers and sweetcorn on the side.