› 200 g long grain white rice
› 1 medium onion
› 1 medium carrot
› 1 clove of garlic
› 1 tablespoon of fresh/dried parsley
› 10 ml of vegetable oil
› 2 medium chicken breast fillets
› 300 g of passata or tomato based pasta sauce
› ½ a low-salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 100 ml of boiling water
› 100 g of frozen peas
› Black pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
2. While the rice is cooking, peel and roughly chop the onion and the
carrot. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Wash and roughly chop the parsley.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic
and carrot for 7–8 minutes.
5. Remove the skin from the chicken breast fillets. Chop the fillets into
chunks and add to the vegetable mix. Cook until the chicken turns
opaque, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the passata, chicken stock and chopped parsley. Cover the
saucepan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Add the frozen peas and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Drain the rice once cooked.
9. Season with black pepper to taste.
10. Serve the chicken in tomato sauce with the boiled rice.