› 10 ml of vegetable oil
› 450 g of lean stewing beef or lamb
› 1 large onion, chopped
› 1 clove of garlic, chopped
› 2 dessertspoons of curry paste
› 1 apple, peeled and grated
› 2 low-salt beef stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre of boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Cut meat into one-inch pieces.
3. Heat the oil and fry the meat, onion and garlic over a low heat until
the meat is brown on all sides. Then place in a casserole dish.
4. Add the curry paste to the juices remaining in the pan.
5. Cook for 2–3 minutes.
6. Add the stock and grated apple.
7. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
8. Bring to the boil and add to the meat mixture in the casserole dish.
9. Cook in the preheated oven for 1½ hours until meat is tender.
1 hour 30 minutes