› 16 chicken drumsticks
For the Marinade:
› 1½ tablespoons of tomato sauce or tomato puree
› 14 ml of soy sauce
› 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
› 1 tablespoon of honey
› 1½ tablespoons of brown sugar
› 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
› 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
› 1 orange, juice and zest
› Black pepper to taste
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and season
well with pepper.
2. Place the chicken drumsticks into the bowl and stir around until all the
drumsticks are coated with the sauce.
3. Cover the bowl with cling film and place on the bottom shelf of the
fridge to marinate for at least a couple of hours.
4. Light the barbeque or preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
5. Cook the chicken for at least 30 minutes turning regularly making sure
that the chicken cooks evenly on all sides.
6. Before serving, check that the chicken is properly cooked by removing it
from the heat and cutting into the thickest part of it with a clean knife
to ensure that it is piping hot all the way through and there is no pink
meat remaining and the juices run clear.