Serve hot or cold
› 3 cooking apples or 6 stalks of rhubarb
› 50 g of sugar
› 30 ml of water
› 180 g of flour
› 50 g of castor sugar
› 50 g of margarine
› 2 heaped dessertspoons of porridge oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Put sliced apples (rhubarb), sugar and water in a saucepan and cook
gently until they are soft. Place cooked fruit mixture in a pie dish.
3. Sieve flour into a bowl. Rub in margarine. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle crumble mixture over fruit mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Fresh or tinned pears
can also be used.
Ground or chopped almonds
can be added to the crumble
mixture for added flavour.
8 adults 8